Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DIY Lego Ornament Tutorial

The last time I was at Michaels, I picked up a couple of these button buckets from their $1 bin in green and purple. I figure I could always use extra random buttons for crafting projects but really, the little plastic buckets were too cute to resist. They come with a snap on lid and ribbon hanger already attached. I took out the buttons and filled them with random Legos and made an instant DIY Lego ornament for the Christmas tree. Perfect for your fellow Lego enthusiast and collector like my brother.

DIY Lego Ornament: 


I picked up a couple of more in blue and white from Walmart also for $1.



I think I may fill the new ones with a mini figure - maybe a snowboarder, mad scientist or doctor? There are so many cute Lego mini figures. Here's a cute stocking stuffer if you have a police officer friend or family member:

You can find more on the  Amazon's Lego Store.

If you have little ones, just make sure you hang the Lego ornament out of their reach. I know Gabby will probably try to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment